Sunday, February 14, 2010

Whiskers Holistic Petcare

Whiskers in Manhattan (9th street and 2nd ave.)

What makes "Whiskers" my favorite pet store in NYC?
It's very simple. If you have a question about your dog or cat, walk inside and ask one of their super-knowledgeable experts in the back. You get answers. Always.
They take the time to explain and send you in the right direction with pet care.
Last weekend, I hung around the back and listened to Phil field questions. He handled diarrhea problems, doggy bad breath, a dog vomiting their raw food diet, liver disease questions, ferret questions, and more.
They are also kind and considerate. Phil didn't make me feel like a total loser for feeding my cats a questionable brand.
Ideally, a raw food diet is best. However, the Whiskers geniuses will work with you to upgrade your pet's diet, even if you are unable or unwilling to be "completely ideal".
Myself? I didn't go raw food on my cats but have switched to a much better cat food, have added vitamins to their diet, and have started brushing their teeth. I'll consider raw food for a while longer.
Phil is the guru of animal care. I have never seen him fazed by any pet question.

Joe...another crazy animal expert.







No comments:

Post a Comment